Terms & ConditionsX
Terms & Conditions
The following terms & conditions govern the rights and obligation of Fort Boutique Fitness Club (Fort) and members thereof.
- Fort Club(s) in Malaysia (“The Club”)
The Club is operated by Fort Fitness Sdn Bhd with a business address at L3, Jalan 15/48A, Sentul Raya Boulevard, 51000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (“The Company”) whose principal objective is to provide health and fitness facilities for Club members and their guests. The Company has appointed a Management team (“Management”) who are responsible for the operation of the Fort.
- Class Packages Terms
- Class packages can be purchase online and in-club via online system.
- Packages sold are non-refundable.
- Transfer of packages are subject to approval of the Management.
- Class packages maybe shared among family and friend.
- All class packages have a stipulated validity and expired classes are non-refundable.
Class Reservation & Cancellation Policy
- Reservation of class can be made online at least 24-hour in advance.
- In-club class reservation is available subject to availability of spot.
- Class reservation can only be made after the purchase of packages.
- Reserved session can be changed with a minimum of 12-hour notice.
- Cancellation of session within 12-hour notice will result in a forfeit session.
- In the event of member no-show, session reserved will be forfeited and non-refundable.
Physical Condition of Member
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified, so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all Club facilities. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
- The member warrants and represents that he/she is in good physical condition and that he/she knows of no medical or other reason why he/she is not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- The member shall not use any Club facilities whilst suffering from any infections, of contagious illness, disease or other ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infection, where there is risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members.
- Members and their guests exercise and use the facilities at their own risk and are advised ton consult their physician prior to commencing any type of physical exercise.
Expulsion of Members
The Management may class packages or membership of any member:
- Without notice and with immediate effect if a member’s conduct, whether or not such conduct is subject of complaint by another member or members, is such that in the reasonable opinion of the Management, it is harmful to the character and/of interest of the Club.
- Without notice and with immediate effect if the member shall have committed any breach of these rules or of the Rules & Regulations of the Club as are from time to time in force.
- Upon notice in writing, if the Company is of the opinion that the member is not a suitable individual as a member of the Club.
- Without notice and with immediate effect if a member is found to have violated the privacy of any other member within the shower and changing rooms or are caught in lewd or compromising actions.
A member who is terminated by the Management shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect without claim of any refund of his/her class packages fees. On termination of his/her membership the member shall return any evidence or property of membership provided to that member by the Club.
- Member introducing guests shall ensure that his/her guests have made class reservation online using the member’s class packages prior to class.
- A guest class pass may be used only once, per Club and not for multiple entries to one particular Club unless stated by the Management.
- Guests will have the same workout privileges (except Personal Training) as the member who introduce them and will be subject to the same Club rules and limitations of liability as the member. It is the responsibility of the member introducing guest to ensure that their guests complies with the Club rules.
- The Management reserves the right to exclude any guest from the Club without giving any reason for doing so and change the charges levied or class passes from time to time.
Health and Safety
- All NEW members are encouraged to undertake a 10 to 15 minutes program induction with the instructor(s) before starting their exercise or group fitness program.
- Members should be considerate of other members and wipe down equipment with hand towel or cleaning tools provided by the Club.
- Instructors or/and trainers are authorised to stop anyone from exercising if he/she is considered exercising in a manner that may result in personal injury or/and injury to others. Users must be abide by the instructions of instructor and trainer.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Club.
- Members or guests may not use the facilities of the Club while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other mood-altering substances.
All members and guests are required to wear proper gym attire when exercising. A top is required that covers the chest area, no torn clothes are permitted. Closed toe, non-marking, rubber soled shoes are required at all times in the Club except for program like Yoga.
- The Management accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to member’s contents kep in daily lockers for any reason whatsoever.
- The use of mobile phones with camera features and/or any other types of visual recorders in changing rooms are strictly prohibited. Members breaching this rule will be handed over to the authorities to be dealt with accordingly.
- Certain complimentary drinks are provided to members for consumption within the premises only.
- The Management may from time to time show potential members or others around the Club and allow them use the Club facilities on trial basis and reserves the right to do so.
- Any items that are provided to members for usage within the Club is chargeable for any lost/damaged i.e. Lost or damaged towel.
Provision of Personal Data
- The Company recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
- You understand, acknowledge and consent to the Company processing, collecting and using your personal data for following purposes:
- Processing, administering and managing your Fort class packages and any membership benefit programs;
- Processing any transactions or payments made by you and to maintain payment records;
- Contacting you or communicating with you via telephone call, text message, fax message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of processing, administering and managing your Fort class packages and any membership benefit programs;
- For publicity purposes and conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities in order to enhance the services and workout experience we provide to you, where you have consented for the Company to do so;
- Record-keeping purposes;
- Responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- Complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; and
- Storing, hosting and/or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data, whether within or outside Malaysia.
- Your personal data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to the following third parties, whether sited in Malaysia or outside Malaysia, for one or more of the purposes set out below:
- The Company’s head office, affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Any of the Company’s agents, contractors or third party service providers that process or will be processing your personal data on our behalf including but not limited to those third party service providers which have been engaged by the Company to: (i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your personal information; (ii) to operate; or (iii) otherwise provide membership services or benefits to you;
- The Company’s auditors and legal advisors;
- Financial institutions, credit card companies and payment processors; and
- Public and governmental / regulatory authorities, courts and other alternative dispute forums.
- Soliciting and selling private personal training sessions or merchandises to any member are prohibited and shall result in immediate termination of the member concerned.
- Daily locker must be cleared daily. Unclaimed or lost properties will be kept by the Club for a period of 1 month after which the Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit. No claim shall be entertained after this period.
- The Management reserves the right to use any individual or group photographs of members and/or guests for press or promotional purposes.
- All members must abide by the rules of the Club which may be amended, varied, deleted and added from time to time at Management’s discretion.
- Failure by the Management to enforce any of their respective rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as waiver of such rights.
- These rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and subject to the jurisdiction of Malaysia.
- All brandings, designs, logos and Club interior follow Fort Fitness brand manual. Any guests or members are not allowed to photograph or copy any Club interior designs, promotional materials, tag lines or theme.
Fort Fitness reserves the right to proceed with legal action to any member caught distributing, sharing or supplying such contents to any third-party vendor or competitor.
Limitation of Liability
In consideration for the Management accepting his/her membership of the Club and for him/her becoming and remaining a member of the Club, the member agrees that:
- Fort accepts no responsibility for loss or damage no members’ or their guests’ properties or for death or injuries sustained while on the premises. Members and their guests agree that no claims will be made against the Company, Fort the Management or staff for any reason whatsoever.
- Fort, its associated companies, employees or agents shall not be responsible for any claims, demands, injuries, damages or actions for negligence arising on account of death or due to injury, loss, damage or theft to a member’s person or property arising out of or in connection with the use by a member of any of the services, facilities on the premises of Fort. The member hereby holds the Company, Fort, its associated companies, employees and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by or on a member’s behalf for any such injuries or claims aforesaid.
- Any guest of a member or temporary visitor to the Club shall agree to abide with the Club rules and the same limitation of liabilities for a member shall apply.
*All prices & amounts quoted here are subject to Goods & Services Tax (GST) where applicable.